Here are some songs that I really hate!
- Chain Reaction by Diana Ross,
- Uptown Girl by Billy Joel (too high energy)
- He Ain’t Heavy
- Unchained Melody (too low energy).
- Then there’s Lifted by the Lighthouse Family – too many key changes.
Recently listening to Stevie Wonders best of (some fab stuff on there).
Let me nominate
- “Ebony & Ivory”
Don’t get me wrong – the sentiment is great, but the music is pants.
Stevie & Sir Paul should have been able to produce something better than that
(on the theme of racial harmony, I prefer Michael Jackson’s Black or White, or maybe hot Chocolate’s Emma…)
- Recently heard “More than words” by Extreme on the radio
reminded me – how I hate that song!
the only good thing was to think “excellent – must put that on my blog!”
Then there’s Beautiful South: most of their stuff is annoying – they just don’t get Rock do they?
- I think Song for Whoever is the most irritating
but perfect 10 is also quite bad – trying to be funny and cool and failing at both
and Rotterdam is also pretty annoying (give me Kirsty McColl any day)
I will admit that 36D is good though – almost as good as the least good song by Prefab Sprout…
- Eternal Flame by the Bangles. What a dirge!
the very pedestrian and annoying
- “Ain’t that just the way” by Lutricia McNeal
…down down down
also Move Closer by Phyllis Nelson goes on too long!
- How about everything by Cliff Richard – except for Devil Woman
- and everything by Michael Buble except “Home”
And then there’s Bon Jovi – aargh: Even before you start on the poodle permed making-up-for-being-short over pretty pretend hard rock image their music is rubbish :
- How I loathe “Living on a prayer” with its overdone wah-wah on the guitar, it’s stodgy rock chug (if you want heavy-that’s-not-stodgy try Led Zep’s Achilles Last Stand, or anything by Free or Neil Young)
… and those lyrics – you can’t refer to a Juke Box as a ‘Record Machine’!
Mr Angry of Poole